#header-inner img {margin: 0 auto !important; #header-inner {text-align: Center ;} Fiji Coupfourpointfive

Friday, February 20, 2015

Kaisi vs Kaise vs Blue Blood

There's confusion over whether the word 'kaisi' was said by someone in the Opposition as claimed by Frank Bainimarama.

On February 11 in Parliament, Bainimarama warned the Opposition against using derogatory words like 'kaisi' in Parliament.

This is what he said:
 

"It's very insulting to hear one of our members being insulted from across the room from that side with the iTaukei insult 'kaisi'. "When you walk out, you can pick it up again, your Ratu, your Adi, and you walk out with it. When you walk through that door, nobody really gives two hoots about your title, supposedly your blue blood; you walk through there as in a military establishment.


Blue blood, isn't that an insult?
 

"This establishment is something I see along that line. Maybe we should have a mirror outside that door Madam Speaker so that when we walk in, we look at the mirror, if you can see blue blood or royal blood running through your vein, then you have the right to come and call everybody here 'kaisi'."

However there is no record of this word being said in the Hansard and the Speaker of the House Jiko Luveni says she did not in fact hear the word 'kaisi' being said.

The Speaker did not hear it, the media never heard it, the people in the gallery never heard it, the Parliamentary staff there at the time never heard it.

Only Frankie heard it.

Even when the minutes of the meeting were being confirmed the very next day, Bainimarama didn't ask for any amendment

What has actually now surfaced is that on the day, Bainimarama made a threat in Fijian under his breath. 


He threatened to throw his water bottle at someone in the Opposition. The Opposition has the video below as proof of this.
video

Thursday, February 12, 2015

Charges laid for Vilikesa's Soko's death

Vilikesa Soko RIP
Eight police officers and a soldier have been at last charged for the death of a man while in custody.

Vilikesa Soko was arrested in August last year on suspicion of robbery after $FJ50,000 dollars was stolen from a foreign exchange store in Nadi.


He died a few days later from multiple traumatic injuries and alleged 'traumatic rectal injury.'

Vilikesa is believed to have been assaulted. His medical report says he died as a result of a blood clot in his lungs, multi-organ failure and 'severe trauma to the penis'. 


Police claimed after he died that Soko was sickly, but  the lie was thwarted by an investigation by Police Commissioner Ben Groenewald.

Today, eight police officers and a soldier were charged with manslaughter, assault and rape. Manslaughter, not murder.


Two will face a further charge of perverting the course of justice by instructing fellow officers to make false statements. 




A second robbery suspect, 37 year old Eroni Baleinukulala, was also beaten.



Today's charges is heartening news but is a sad reminder of others who've also died or who have been maimed while in the hands of authorities - and the worrying concern of what is clearly systematic and ongoing abuse of citizens, guilty or otherwise of a crime.

Remember Epeli Qaraniqio, who escaped from Naboro and who had to have his leg amputated after he was recaptured and beaten by police. Isoa Waqa, who escaped with him, died after his beating.



We also can't go past the beating and torture of remand prisoner Iowane Benedito, who was repeatedly assaulted on the back of a truck by our so-called security forces as well as police and officers from the Corrections Department.

It's thanks largely again to Ben Groenewald that police have 'reopened' the case and Benedito has agreed to pursue charges.

The injuries suffered are all too common - beatings and torture, including guns being shoved up their asses or 'alleged rectal injuries' as their medical reports so politely put it.

When will this inhumane treatment of citizens, accused thieves or otherwise, stop?

Tuesday, February 10, 2015

Military wants soldiers to design new flag for Fiji

If it wasn't so wrong, it'd be funny.

Whenever things get tricky for Frank Bainimarama, the military comes out to support him or should we say intimidate the people.

And so we have that moment again.

Bainimarama wants to ditch the Fiji flag but there's resistance, so the gutless wonder has called in the military to endorse his plan and to remind citizens the army is only too ready to step in when he needs them.

Fiji army commander Mosese Tikoitoga today said the barracks is right behind the new flag.

Hilariously, he also announced soldiers would be taking part in an internal flag design competition.

Tikoitoga says 'any design that the boys can come up with, we leave it to their imagination, the only instruction we’ve given them it has to have the same shape of the flag that we have now, to have the same light blue background on the flag because it’s then important for our national anthem to the continued blue banner'.

It seems Fiji soldiers can do anything - from being peacekeepers, thugs, 'elected' government ministers, to catching American iguanas and now flag designers.

How about them doing what they're supposed to? Like serving and protecting the people from treasonist, thieving lying coup makers and thugs like Bainimarama and Aiyaz Sayed Khaiyum?

“We fully agree with the changing of the flag, I have put out an instruction with the military that we hold an internal competition in designing the new flag. We will pay a financial price to the winner of the competition within the military environment that instruction has gone out,” said Brigadier General – Mosese Tikoitoga.

Furthermore he added that “any design that the boys can come up with, we leave it to their imagination, the only instruction we’ve given them it has to have the same shape of the flag that we have now, to have the same light blue background on the flag because it’s then important for our national anthem to the continued blue banner.”

“We fully agree with the changing of the flag, I have put out an instruction with the military that we hold an internal competition in designing the new flag. We will pay a financial price to the winner of the competition within the military environment that instruction has gone out,” said Brigadier General – Mosese Tikoitoga.

Furthermore he added that “any design that the boys can come up with, we leave it to their imagination, the only instruction we’ve given them it has to have the same shape of the flag that we have now, to have the same light blue background on the flag because it’s then important for our national anthem to the continued blue banner.”

“We fully agree with the changing of the flag, I have put out an instruction with the military that we hold an internal competition in designing the new flag. We will pay a financial price to the winner of the competition within the military environment that instruction has gone out,” said Brigadier General – Mosese Tikoitoga.

Furthermore he added that “any design that the boys can come up with, we leave it to their imagination, the only instruction we’ve given them it has to have the same shape of the flag that we have now, to have the same light blue background on the flag because it’s then important for our national anthem to the continued blue banner.”

Thursday, February 5, 2015

Fiji citizens put a fight to save flag


Growing resistance to plan to dump flag.


Irrelevant and riddled with colonialism.

That's Frank Bainimarama's reasoning for ditching the flag and unveiling a new one on Independence Day in October.

Bainimarama claims he can come up with a flag more relevant for the New Fiji.

"We need to replace the symbols on our existing flag that are out of date and no longer relevant, including some anchored to our colonial past.


"The new flag should reflect Fiji's position in the world today as a modern and truly independent nation state."


The goon has resorted to justifying his arbitrary decision by saying New Zealand's doing it so why not Fiji.


But hang on - New Zealand and other democratic countries hold a referendum when they want to change something as major as their flag, don't they?


That's right - the people of Fiji have not been consulted.

As the National Federation Party leader Biman Prasad says, there should be a referendum.

"An issue of national importance, especially when it involves an issue that has become an indelible part of our history, symbolizing transition from 96 years of Colonial Rule to full Independence 45 years ago, must involve the entire population of Fiji, including their elected representatives."

Bainimarama says there is no need for a referendum, he has spoken and that's it. He says the competition will run for two months and the voice of every Fijian will be heard.

Will be heard how? So now every Fijian is a designer, artist, and painter? And everyone's voice will be heard in two month. Bullcrap.

And, sorry, Bainimarama your changing the flag won't wash away Fiji's colonial past.

"When one looks at our institutions, names of our major roads and streets, they are named in honour of colonial rulers, administrators and monarchs," says Prasad. "Aren’t these remnants of Colonialism, if PM’s logic is given credibility?


"This government also still attaches our Indo-Fijian community to colonial history," he says.

"The preamble describes Indians as descendants of indentured labourers from British India. What nonsense!"

This is insulting. India was a British Colony, so was Fiji and many other countries under the rule of the British Empire. 

Therefore, the preamble basically describes Indo-Fijians as British Indians!

Like all sugar coated snow jobs (remember the re-branding of Air Pacific to Fiji Airways and the theft of?), the regime has organised a national competition to find a winning design.


Beware this PR exercise because it'll be riddled with agendas - remember what they did with the Constitution.


If you want to save the flag, sign the petition here 

Monday, February 2, 2015

Khaiyum forced to back-date controversial TV decree amendment


Regime appointed Attorney General Aiyaz Sayed-Khaiyum has been forced to swallow his own spit by removing HSBC World Series Sevens, Rugby World Cup 7's and Rugby World Cup from the Television (Cross-Carriage of Designated Events) Decree, as per the wish of rugby's governing body, World Rugby.


The removal was gazetted on Wednesday 28th January but is dated 15th December 2014 - to prevent World Rugby from blocking coverage of the Wellington 7's this weekend.

The Wellington Sevens is the second most popular 7's event after Hong Kong and Sayed-Khaiyum was forced to undertake the gazetting to prevent denying Fiji
citizens coverage for a second time.


The gazetting of the removal is further evidence the people of Fiji were conned by pro-regime media, particularly the Fiji Sun and State owned FBC (Radio Fiji), into believing World Rugby had backed down in December after blocking the Dubai 7's, allowing the televising of the South Africa 7's a week later. 


Both Aiyaz Sayed-Khaiyum and his boss, Frank Bainimarama, were portrayed as heroes by Fiji Sun and FBC.

Bainimarama displayed no shame when he repeated the lies giving a similar message at the opening of the Punjas Biscuit Factory in Lautoka last December, and again during his Western Division tour in Sigatoka when he accused the Opposition of being obsessed with the TV/Rugby saga and sacking of top two Fiji TV Executives. 


The U-turn to cover the stuff-up shows Sayed-Khaiyum's understanding of media laws and broadcast rights is minuscule. His so-called legal expertise was also exposed by World Rugby's head of legal matters, Susan Ahern. 


He even failed to provide proof to World Rugby and the people of Fiji that soccer's governing body, FIFA, had given approval for the cross-carriage of the World Cup played in Brazil last June and July.

Sayed-Khaiyum was basing his illogical Cross-Carriage Decree provisions, clearly manufactured to prop up his brother's FBC TV, which has resorted to showing out-dated programmes and Hindi soap operas in a bid to gain audience. 


With no proof of FIFA approval or of World Rugby approval for the cross-carriage of Gold Coast 7's last October, Sayed-Khaiyum turned red and pink under the World Rugby onslaught and removed the World Rugby events from the Cross-Carriage Decree as required by World Rugby before it agreed for Fiji TV to sub-licence 7's feed to FBC on terms agreeable to World Rugby.


So much for his lies and deceit, which unfortunately fool the people but not international organisations. 


   Gazette



Khaiyum's letter to World Rugby December 12